Competition: Win a Trip to Beautiful Machu Picchu!
To celebrate the opening of Machu Picchu here in Adelaide, State Theatre Company of South Australia have teamed up with Peregrine Travel, Air New Zealand and The Advertiser to give away an opportunity of a lifetime – an all-inclusive trip to see beautiful Machu Picchu, including fights!
To enter the competition, simply get the codeword from The Advertiser anytime between March 26 — April 26, then enter it along with your details here.
See below for full Terms and Conditions:
1. The Promoter is Advertiser Newspapers Pty Ltd (ABN 77 007 872 997) of 31 Waymouth Street, Adelaide SA 5000. Telephone number 1300 130 370.
2. Lottery and Gaming Regulations Licence No: T16/437
3. Information on how to enter and prizes forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
4. To the extent of any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and any other reference to this competition, these Terms and Conditions prevail.
Who can enter
5. Entry is open to all residents of Australia over the age of 18 except employees and immediate families of the Promoter and their associated companies and agencies and participating outlets. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, defacto spouse, child or step child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step parent, grandparent, step grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, stepbrother, stepsister or 1st cousin.
6. Entrants into this competition must be 18 years of age or older as at the date of entry.
7. The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of identity, proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity or proof of registration ownership in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
When to enter
8. The competition commences on Saturday, 26 March 2016 at 6:00am ACDT and concludes on Tuesday, 26 April 2016. Entries must be received by the Promoter prior to the competition close date and time.
9. The time of entry will in each case be the time the entry is received by the Promoter’s PO Box, not at the time of sending by the entrant.
10. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries.
How to enter
11. The details of how to enter the competition are set out in The Advertiser and Sunday Mail, between Saturday, 26 March 2016 and Tuesday, 26 April 2016.
12. Entrants may enter the competition by:
Submitting their original entry either:
•By mail, by sending a completed entry form with codeword to “Win a Trip to Machu Picchu”, Adelaide Mail Centre SA 5884. Participants will be required to send their personal details including, but not limited to, full name, address, postcode and telephone number and the correct codewords collected from The Advertiser or Sunday Mail between Saturday, 26 March 2016 and Tuesday, 26 April 2016. Each entry form must be sent in a separate, stamped, standard sized envelope. Envelopes with multiple entry forms will be treated as a single entry. Only original entry forms will be accepted, no photocopies allowed.
•Or by getting the codeword from The Advertiser or Sunday Mail between Saturday, 26 March 2016 and Tuesday, 26 April 2016 and then heading to advertiser.com.au/competitions to enter their details and code word for the chance to win.
13. Entrants are required to take full responsibility for the content of their entry and for ensuring that their entry complies with these Conditions of Entry. For the purposes of these content requirements, “entry content” includes any content (including text, photos, videos and email messages) that entrants submit, upload, transmit, publish, communicate or use in connection with their entry into the Promotion. Entries must be the entrant’s original work. The Promoter reserves the right to verify, or to require the entrant to verify, that the entry is the entrant’s original work. If an entry cannot be verified to the Promoter’s satisfaction, the entry will be deemed invalid. The Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, edit, modify, delete, remove or take-down any part of an entrant’s entry. An entrant’s entry must not include:
(a) any image or voice of any other person without that person’s express consent. Entrants warrant that if any such content is included, they have obtained the express consent of the relevant person;
(b) any content that contravenes any law, infringes the rights of any person or is potentially insulting, inflammatory, defamatory, obscene, offensive, discriminatory, indecent or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate (which includes, without limitation, any content involving nudity, malice, excessive violence or swearing); and
(c) any literary, dramatic, musical or artistic work, any audiovisual or sound recording, or any other item in which copyright subsists, unless the entrant is entitled to do so. If an entrant has any doubts about whether they have the right to include any content (for example, recorded music) they must not include it. By including any such content in their entry, the entrant warrants that they have the permission of the relevant copyright owner to do so and that this permission allows the Promoter to use the entry in accordance with these Conditions of Entry.
The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a winner if Promoter becomes aware that the winner and/or the winner’s entry is of a type described in this clause.
14. Any entry that is made on behalf of an entrant by a third party will be invalid.
15. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms & Conditions of Entry or who has, in the opinion of Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the Promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promotion and/or Promoter. This includes, but not limited, to entrants and households using multiple email addresses, postal addresses, PO Box addresses or SIM cards to register single or multiple purchases.
Number of Entries permitted
16. Entrants may enter as many times as they like with one of the code words found across the promotional period. Only one prize will be awarded to the winner (prize details in point 23).
Determination and Notification of winner
17. The winner will be the first valid entry submitted in accordance with these terms and conditions that is drawn by The Advertiser 10:00am on Friday, 29 April 2016 at 31Waymouth Street, Adelaide SA 5000.
18. If any particular draw is scheduled on a public holiday, the draw will be conducted on the following business day.
19. The Promoter’s decision is final and the Promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding the competition result or any other decisions the Promoter makes in connection with the Promotion.
20. The winner will be notified by telephone or email within one week of the draw. The winner of the prize will be published on advertiser.com.au/competitions on 5 May 2016.
21. Prizes will be awarded to person named in the entry. However, in a dispute, will be awarded to the account holder of the entry mechanism used to submit their entry (i.e. mobile phone account holder or land line account holder).
22. Should an entrant’s contact details change during the promotional period, it is the entrant’s responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to the Promoter.
Prize on offer
23. Total prize pool value is up to $14,789.00 (including GST) as at Tuesday 22 March 2016. Winner will receive:
•13 Day Peru Independent Journey from Peregrine Travel Centre
•2 x return economy flights from Adelaide to Buenos Aires via Air New Zealand
•Internal economy flights needed to complete the 13 day journey
•Accommodation is included as part of the 13 Day Journey
•A 5 Play subscription available for evening performances at the 2016 State Theatre Company of South Australia Season.
other winner will receive a subscription certificate with contact details for the winning entrant to select tickets for their preferred shows. The subscription tickets are only available for 2 people attending each of the 5 selected shows once and are non-transferable or refundable.
24. Prize values are based upon the recommended retail prices at the time of printing (inclusive of GST). The Promoter accepts no responsibility for change in prize value between now and the ultimate prize redemption date.
25. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplier’s requirements.
26. Any taxes and/or charges imposed by the Australian Government and/or by foreign governments and/or authorities on departing passengers are payable by the passengers. Argentina reciprocity fee may be applicable — at the passengers own expense
27. In the event that for any reason whatsoever any prize winner and travelling companion does not or is not able to take any prize at the time stipulated for any reason, the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of the prize.
28. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion.
29. Prize must be claimed by 6 May 2016. In the event a winner does not claim the prize by the time stipulated, then the entire prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of the prize.
30. By entering this competition, and by collecting a prize, the winner acknowledges and accepts that driving, travel and any other activities comprising the prize, are inherently dangerous and may result in death, injury, incapacity, damage to property or other losses. The Promoter is not responsible for any acts of god, such as adverse weather conditions or industrial action or civil commotion that may occur while the winner is travelling. It is the responsibility of the prizewinner to inquire about local issues and conditions at destinations prior to travel. The Promoter does not guarantee that the winner will enjoy the travel prize or be suited to the type of travel prize that is offered. Travel insurance is not included, but advised.
31. The winner/s and travelling companions must travel at the same time, must depart from the same capital city and are responsible for transport from their residence to Adelaide Airport for flight departure.
32. The winners are required to be physically fit. This prize is not suitable for anyone who suffers from a respiratory disorder, circulatory ailment, or physical disability that limits mobility. By entering the competition, the winner and their guest acknowledge they are able to bring with them with the required clothing for this tour at no expense to the Promoter or the other organisers.
Air New Zealand’s Terms and Conditions
33. All travel must be redeemed for return flights from Adelaide to Buenos Aires. This prize is subject to availability. Travel on requested dates may not be available if sold out, and we will book the closest available flights to the original booking dates.
34. Embargo periods apply during school holidays, public holidays, peak season, and around special events.
35. Government and Airport taxes are included.
36. Passports and visas are the responsibility of the winners.
37. Tickets are non-redeemable (for cash), non-changeable and travel is restricted to Air New Zealand operated aircraft only.
38. Passengers must be travelling together for all sectors and booking must be made at least 60 days prior to departure
39. Reservations are available on a firm basis, however are subject to seat availability at the time of reservation.
40. Embargo periods may apply during school holidays, public holidays and the peak travel season.
41. Economy tickets consist of 7kg carry on bag, and 1 x 23kg checked bags per person, in-flight entertainment including movies, meals and drinks.
42. Travel to be completed departing Adelaide on 4 October 2016 and returning from South America 16 Oct. 2016, other dates available upon request, max. value to $5,581.26, subject to availability.
43. Frequent flyer points are not applicable
Peregrine Travel Centre Terms and Conditions
44. Tour prize is the Peregrine Travel ‘13 Day Peru Independent Journey’ for two people, twin share
45. Tour dates are Tue 4 October 2016 Sun 16 October 2016, subject to availability. Should the winner be unable to travel on the listed dates, another date can be booked up to the maximum value of the tour and flights, for travel to be completed no later than 31/3/17, subject to availability, blackout dates apply. Confirmation of your travel dates must be made no later than 1/7/2016.
46. Staff of Peregrine Travel Centre, State Theatre Company of South Australia and Air New Zealand are not eligible to win
47. Any changes to the itinerary will be at passengers own cost
48. Readers will have the option to opt in to hear more from Peregrine Travel Centre.
•This data will only used by Peregrine Travel Centre
•This data will not be passed on to anyone outside of Peregrine Travel Centre
Further Terms and Conditions
49. The Promoter (subject to State and Territory Legislation) reserves the right to amend, cancel or suspend this competition if an event beyond the control of the Promoter corrupts or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition. The Promoter will disqualify any individual who has tampered with the entry process or any other aspect of this competition.
50. The Promoter and their associated agencies and companies assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available.
51. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, subject to any direction given under State Regulation.
52. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the internet service provider used.
53. All competition entries must be able to be posted to and received at the post office box address supplied for the particular competition. No hand delivered or bulky entries will be accepted upon receiving at the Promoters premises for any competition, unless otherwise stated herein. Mail entries that contain any objects that have not been requested by the Promoter (such as backing cards or excess paper) will not be accepted. Any entries that do not follow these requirements will be deemed invalid and will not be received by the Promoter or its agents. The Promoter and its agents take no responsibility whatsoever for such entries that do not follow these prescribed guidelines. The Promoter advises entrants not to send entries to the Promoter’s street address as these entries may be deemed invalid.
54. The promoter highly recommends a DL-sized (business) envelope is used in submitting postal entries. Entries sent via Registered mail will not be guaranteed entry into the competition due to increased sorting, handling and storage required by Australia Post. Entries sent in smaller unique envelopes are known to have issues when being sorted electronically by Australia Post. The Promoter also encourages competition entrants to clearly write on their envelope the full name and address of the competition they are entering for ease of processing by Australia Post and therefore entry into the competition.
55. Any entrant found to be using any form of software or third party application to enter multiple times (including scripting software) will have all entries invalidated and any claim to any prize will be invalidated. If such an entrant is awarded a prize and then found to have breached this clause, the entrant must immediately return any awarded prize to the Promoter. The Promoter has sole discretion to determine if this clause has been breached by any entrant. The Promoter reserves the right to request whatever documentation it deems necessary to confirm if the entrant has breached this clause. An entrant must provide any requested documentation to the Promoter upon request.
56. Any entrant found to have used a third party (including online competition entry site) to enter on their behalf will have all entries invalidated and any claim to any prize will be invalidated. If such an entrant is awarded a prize and then found to have breached this clause, the entrant must immediately return any awarded prize to the Promoter. The Promoter has sole discretion to determine if this clause has been breached by any entrant. The Promoter reserves the right to request whatever documentation it deems necessary to confirm if the entrant has breached this clause. An entrant must provide any requested documentation to the Promoter upon request.
57. Any entrant found to be entering incorrect contact details, including incorrect email contact details, will have all entries invalidated and any claim to any prize will be invalidated. If such an entrant is awarded a prize and then found to have breached this clause, the entrant must immediately return any awarded to the Promoter. The Promoter has sole discretion to determine if this clause has been breached by any entrant. The Promoter reserves the right to request whatever documentation it deems necessary to confirm if the entrant has breached this clause. An entrant must provide any requested documentation to the Promoter upon request.
58. If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value, subject to State Regulation. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and prize supplier’s requirements. Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated.
59. The Promoter highly recommends a current residential street address be provided when requested for ease of correspondence and potential prize delivery. The Promoter makes all reasonable efforts to deliver prizes to the addresses provided by competition entrants. The Promoter cannot guarantee that any prizes returned to the Promoter due to non-delivery at the provided address will be re-sent to the prize winner. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any damage to or delay in transit of prizes.
60. The Promoter reserves the right to redetermine the winner in the event of an entrant, claiming to be a winner, being unable to satisfy these Terms and Conditions.
Copyright, Statutory guarantees, Waiver and liability
61. In consideration for the Promoter awarding the prize to the winner, the winner hereby permits the winner’s submission, image and/or voice, as recorded, photographed or filmed during the winner’s participation in the prize to appear in connection with News Life Media or News Limited or the advertising or marketing thereof, in any media whatsoever throughout the world and the winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
62. In consideration for the Promoter awarding the prize to the winner, the winner hereby assigns to the Promoter all right, title and interest in and to all copyright and all moral rights in any material created pursuant to the winner’s submission or participation in any aspect of the prize (Works). The winner acknowledges that the Promoter is free to use the Works (including modifying, adapting or publishing the entry, whether in original or modified form, in whole or in part or not at all) and to exercise its rights in relation thereto and the winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
63. In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the Promoter’s ability to proceed with the competition on the dates and in the manner described in these terms and conditions, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the competition and recommence it from the start on the same conditions, subject to any directions given under State Regulation.
64. The Promoter does not exclude any rights and remedies in respect of goods or services under the Australian Consumer Law in the Competition and Consumer Act (2010) (Australian Consumer Law) which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified. However, the Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by entrant or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or used in this competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or telephone, mobile or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
65. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
66. All entries become the property of the Promoter. The Promoter collects personal information about you for the purposes of conducting this promotion but no further use of this information will be made without prior consent.
67. All entries become the property of The Promoter. All opt-in entries will be entered into a database and The Promoter may use the entrant’s names, addresses and telephone numbers for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes in any media worldwide without notice and without any fee being paid unless otherwise advised by the entrant. By opting-in, entrants confirm that they allow their details to be used for this purpose. If entrants no longer consent to their details being used for future marketing purposes, the entrant should contact The Promoter on their details set out below. Any request to update, modify or delete the entrant’s details should be directed to The Promoter.
68. The Promoter is collecting the entrant’s personal information for the purpose of conducting and promoting this competition (including but not limited to determining the winner). If you are not willing for this to occur you cannot participate in the promotion].
69. Entrants’ personal information may be disclosed to State and Territory lottery departments and winners’ names published as required under the relevant lottery legislation. For purposes of public statements and advertisements the Promoter will only publish the winner’s surname, initial and state. A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to the Promoter.