State Theatre Company is South Australia’s largest professional full-time theatre company. Each year, the Company performs an annual subscription program of new, contemporary and classic plays, has a dedicated set construction and costume making facilities, delivers an annual state-wide education program and tours extensively through regional and remote South Australia. The Company is a major community and cultural resource for all South Australians and is vital to artistic life in the State. State Theatre Company is looking to plan its growth for the next 10 to 15 years and is looking for a Partnerships Manager to drive, support and lead this growth strategy.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Partnerships Manager will be a strategic and proactive professional who will lead and develop sponsorship and corporate partnerships to ensure the ongoing sustainability and growth of the Company. As the Partnerships Manager you will drive key commercial outcomes, generating new partnerships and relationships with external stakeholders. You will also continue to cultivate the existing list of partners to ensure they continue to receive a high level of service.
Main responsibilities of the role will include –
- Growing sponsorship revenue
- Evaluate/assess the current partnerships strategy with a view to create a new and improved strategy
- Identify and qualify prospects with a view to present tailored, compelling proposals to the ED and Board
- Evaluate the current partnerships market to ensure the Company’s partnerships strategy remains relevant and competitive
- Contribute to the development of strategic business plans and budget planning aligned with the current partnerships strategy
- Lead engagement and relationship management of existing partners, fostering these relationships to longevity and mutual benefit
- Take primary responsibility for the integration of new partnerships
- Identify new and appropriate opportunities to attract and leverage partnership
The successful applicant will possess business development-based skills with a tenacious spirit to drive new business opportunities and grow the partnerships network. You will also be a strong negotiator and connected to the Adelaide marketplace. In addition –
- Previous business development or partnerships experience of 5+ years
- Bachelor’s Degree, in a related discipline such as business, marketing or communications
- Proven experience identifying, cultivating and soliciting key partnerships (established and new)
- Experience in effective business management including budget setting and tracking
- High level communication skills, interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Capacity to work collaboratively, yet independently with a high level of intrinsic motivation
- Creative thinker who shows initiative and calm under pressure
- Values-led, authentic, dynamic and with a high level of integrity
- Passionate about Theatre and the Arts
If this sounds like you, apply now, or for a confidential conversation please call Nadia Petruzzella at Perks People Solutions on (08) 8273 9273.