A Lifetime of Loving Theatre Starts Early
Give Young People Access to the Arts
“Thank you so much for putting this incredible week together and letting me be a part of it… I have learnt so much; not just about theatre techniques but also about myself. I was able to do and explore things I never thought I could do.” – Erin, Winter School Student
This end-of-financial year, we are appealing for the support of our generous community to enable the continued success of our STATE EDUCATE program.
STATE EDUCATE is one of the longest-running theatre education programs in Australia. It has been at the heart of the Company’s work since 1972 and has introduced successive generations of South Australians to a lifelong love of theatre, as both artists and audiences.
Our program focuses especially on the needs and interests of students in upper secondary school, encouraging empathy, connection and creativity in our state’s teenagers and ensuring they can meet curriculum requirements and set out on a career pathway in the arts.
We believe that the future vibrancy and inclusivity of South Australian theatre rely on the opportunities we enable for young people today; that is why we need your support.
By donating to our 2023 End of Financial Year campaign you will help ensure that we can continue to:
- Welcome 4,000 – 6,000 secondary students as audiences to our productions each year.
- Present a dedicated ‘Education Show’ each year tailored particularly for students.
- Tour the ‘Education Show’ to outer metropolitan and regional audiences.
- Heavily subsidise ticket prices for secondary school students, with even greater
subsidies for students from schools with greater need.
- Deliver affordable theatre skill and knowledge workshops in schools across the State.
- Provide highly subsidised places at our Summer and Winter School week-long theatre
- Provide secondary school educators with professional development to ensure high
quality theatre education in schools.
By supporting this campaign, you will be greatly helping us to deliver a program that changes and positively transforms the lives of young people in South Australia; that builds their ability to connect with others, think critically about the world and empathetically about others.
We thank you for your ongoing support of State Theatre Company South Australia.
How your support counts