Terms and Conditions of Sale
INFORMATION REGARDING NOVEL CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19)
State Theatre Company South Australia is following advice from the Australian Government Department of Health and SA Health regarding the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and will continue to do so as the situation develops in South Australia and around the country.
- All patrons aged 12 and over must wear a mask for the duration of each performance. A patron is not required to wear a mask if they have a relevant medical condition, and venue staff may request evidence of exemption to be shown.
- Patrons are able to lift their masks to consume food or drink.
- There will be a limited number of masks available for those who may have forgotten to bring their own.
- Sit in your allocated seat.
- Follow directions given by venue staff and volunteers, especially in adhering to wearing of masks and physical distancing in the foyers, and when transferring between areas inside the venue.
- SA Health requires State Theatre Company South Australia to keep a register of contact details for all attendees to assist with contact tracing in the event of an outbreak. Patrons will be required to check in to the venue by scanning the QR code on arrival. You may be refused entry if you do not provide this information.
- Hand sanitiser will be available onsite but to avoid queues and congestion, we recommend people bring their own as well.
All of our productions will operate under SA Health capacity guidelines. Currently, shows are operating at 75% capacity, which means that there will likely be a person seated next to you.
As a member of Live Performance Australia (LPA), the national peak body for the live performance industry, we are also following the advice provided to all member organisations. The health and safety of our audiences and employees are of the utmost importance. We recommend keeping up-to-date and following advice from the Australian Government Department of Health, particularly regarding isolation protocol.
For Ticket Holders
Refund or exchange requests are permitted under the following conditions:
- You have been advised to self-isolate
- You (or someone in your attending group) are from interstate or overseas and are unable to attend due to border closures.
- You have recently become unwell and you are choosing to isolate as per public health guidelines.
- You or a person you live with has recently become high-risk for COVID-19 and you now wish not to attend.
Refunds and exchanges must be completed no later than midday on the day of the performance. All refund and exchange requests must be made by contacting BASS on ph 131 246.
Should health directives change that affect our performances, we will contact the head booker and advise of any changes.
The Australian Government Department of Health is regularly updating isolation advice. State Theatre Company South Australia staff are following this advice and we ask that patrons adhere to the same guidelines.
For the latest advice and information please go to www.health.gov.au For health enquiries please utilise the Australian Government Department of Heath Coronavirus Information Line on 1800 020 080 or the healthdirect hotline 1800 022 222.
STATE THEATRE COMPANY SOUTH AUSTRALIA TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE
Your purchase is sold by State Theatre Company South Australia – ABN 55 386 202 154 – through the State Theatre Company South Australia Box Office on behalf of the Presenter(s). The following terms and conditions apply to this sale:
- Ticket prices may fluctuate due to demand and State Theatre Company South Australia reserves the right to alter prices without notice. Any changes are made in accordance with Live Performance Australia’s Ticketing Code of Practice. To view the latest prices for the production you are interested in, visit the relevant event page, select the date you wish to attend and the seats you wish to purchase, and the current pricing for that seat will appear.
- Tickets purchased online or by phone will be given an order number to confirm the purchase. If you do not receive an order number or are otherwise concerned that your purchase was not successful, you must contact Box Office for confirmation of purchase. State Theatre Company South Australia takes no responsibility for incomplete purchases that have not received an order number, and the customer has made no attempt to confirm the order.
- Tickets sold on behalf of Presenters other than State Theatre South Australia are subject to the terms and conditions applicable to the relevant production.
- The Presenter reserves the right to add, withdraw or substitute artists; vary advertised programs, seating arrangements and audience capacity; and refuse admission with reasonable cause.
- The right of admission is reserved by State Theatre Company South Australia management.
- This ticket is only valid when purchased through an authorised agent. Ticket holders enter the venue at their own risk.
- Ticket prices within this site include GST where applicable.
- Where concessions are applicable, suitable and valid identification must be provided on collection of tickets. If the ticket holder cannot present valid identification, the Presenter reserves the right to apply an additional charge up to the difference of a full adult ticket price.
- Tickets must not be on-sold at a premium, packaged with other goods or services, offered as a prize or otherwise used for advertising, promotional or commercial purposes, without the prior written permission State Theatre Company South Australia. Tickets may be cancelled, or orders may be refused, which State Theatre Company South Australia deems are in breach of this condition and the bearer of the ticket may be refused admission to the ticketed event at State Theatre Company South Australia’s discretion.
II.CAMERAS AND RECORDING DEVICES
- Cameras and other recording devices may not be permitted, unless where explicitly allowed. We reserve the right to request the deletion of any unauthorised photos.
III. REFUNDS AND EXCHANGES
- All tickets are non-refundable. Exceptions may occur in particular circumstances as outlined in the Live Performance Australia Ticketing Code of Practice.
- Tickets purchased via BASS need to be exchanged by BASS and cannot be processed by the State Theatre Company South Australia Box office.
- Exchanges from one performance date/time to another may be allowed for State Theatre Company South Australia productions. Exchanges from one production to another are not permitted.
- Tickets sold on behalf of other production companies are subject to the conditions applicable to that performance and/or venue.
- When allowed, exchanges are charged at $4.95 per transaction. Tickets purchased through BASS will incur an $8.95 exchange fee.
- State Theatre Company South Australia subscribers are entitled to one free exchange per subscriber, with a $8.95 charge for each exchange after that.
- Tickets for exchange must be returned to the Box Office at least 24 hours prior to the performance you are exchanging out of.
- Exchanges may not be processed at the Box Office at peak times (e.g. in the half hour prior to a performance commencing).
- If the amount paid by you for your purchase is incorrect for any reason (including ticket price and fee amount where the error was due to an error in a price posted on the State Theatre Company South Australia website or otherwise communicated to you or human error or technical malfunction), State Theatre Company South Australia may cancel the order or the purchase and refund you the amount paid.
IV.FLEXIBLE DATE SUBSCRIPTIONS
- Flexible (Flexi) Date Performances booked in a subscription are non-refundable. Exceptions may occur in particular circumstances as outlined in the Live Performance Australia Ticketing Code of Practice
- Flexi Date Performances are only valid for State Theatre Company South Australia productions listed on the supplied booking form. Flexible Date Performances must be booked through a subscription booking.
- State Theatre Company South Australia will endeavour to undertake every opportunity to remind subscribers with a Flexible Date Performance to book into their preferred performance date and seat for the associated production:
- A reminder notification will be sent via email to the primary Subscription holder with the Flexi Date Performance at a date determined appropriate by State Theatre Company South Australia. This date will be determined by the number of available seats for the selected production. Subscription holders with a Flexi Date Performance are given preferential bookings for five business days following the receipt of the reminder email. At the closure of these 5 business days, State Theatre Company South Australia cannot ensure preferred times and/or seat bookings will be accommodated.
- If Subscribers with a Flexi Date Performance have not booked into the flexible date production within 5 business days of the commencement of first previews, a State Theatre Company South Australia Box Office staff member or a BASS Subscriptions officer will endeavour to contact the Subscriber via telephone. If, following this attempt at contacting the holder and the Season of the production in question has commenced, State Theatre Company South Australia cannot guarantee that preferred seating will be accommodated.
- If the Subscriber has not booked their preferred performance date and seat by the commencement of the final performance of the production in question, State Theatre Company South Australia reserves the right to consider the booking withdrawn and the Subscription holder will forfeit that production of their subscription booking.
- Exchanges from one production to another are not permitted for Flexi Date bookings, except for within extenuating circumstances in which the holder of the Subscription in question did not receive the reminder email booking and a phone call from State Theatre Company South Australia’s Box Office. Note that it is the responsibility of the holder of the Subscription to ensure that their contact details are current to enable State Theatre Company South Australia to reach the Subscription holder. Note that if these exchanges have not been requested within 10 business days of the close of the original production season State Theatre Company South Australia reserves the right to consider the original booking completed.
- If you have made an error in making your donation to State Theatre Company South Australia, we will happily honour your request for a refund made within 10 working days of your donation. After this time, all donations made to State Theatre Company South Australia are non-refundable.
- To request a refund, please call State Theatre Company South Australia on (08) 8415 5333. Refunds are returned using the original method of payment. If you made your donation by credit card, your refund will be credited to that same credit card.
Updated February 2021